Come join the mission of Vapor Ministries on a short-term trip!
Click on a Trip Name to View Information Packet
Serve November 9 - 14, 2021 Haiti Closed
What to expect
Vapor Ministries' Trips are Multi-faceted
Spiritual & Personal Development
Guest grow under relevant biblical teaching, process experiences in facilitated group discussions, and end each day with reflection and journaling time promoting transformation that outlasts the trip.
What do I need to pack?
Light rain jacket or poncho
Longer shorts (3 inches above the knee or longer)**
Comfortable closed toed shoes/work shoes
**No camouflage attire
Small size toiletries
How much spending money should I bring?
Most trip participants bring $100-$200 for trips to Haiti and $200-$300 for trips to Kenya and Togo. Spending money is needed for food during travel days, extra snacks, and any souvenirs you may choose to purchase.
What is the weather like?
Will I need any vaccinations before traveling?
Will I need a visa?
Visas are required for entry into all three countries where Vapor Ministries serves. Kenya’s Visa process is an online application that must be filled out before arrival in the country. Visas for Haiti and Togo are acquired upon entering the country.
Who will be leading the trip?
What is Vapor Ministries' policy for cancelling a trip?
If a confirmed guest does not go on their scheduled trip, regardless of the reason, he or she is not guaranteed any refund. However, Vapor Ministries will do our best to refund whatever portion has not already been passed on to the various service providers we use. The guest will be responsible to pay all non-refundable deposits and their share of any pre-paid group activities.
Minimum Guest Requirement Not Met
We secure group rates and plan trips based on a minimum of 10 participants per trip. In the rare event that there are fewer than 10 guests three months prior to launch, we may have to cancel the trip. If Vapor Ministries cancels a trip for this reason, guests will be given the option of joining a different trip. If a guest is unable to do so, they will receive a refund for all* monies sent to Vapor Ministries.
What about safety and security?
Can I fundraise for my trip?
Absolutely! There are lots of fundraising ideas that you can find online. Here are a few:
- Starting a GoFundMe page: This is as easy as creating an account, setting a goal, describing the purpose of your fundraiser, and sharing it with anyone and everyone you know. There are several websites that offer these services but be sure to check the policies because some of the websites take a percentage of your earnings.
- Sponsor Letters: This might be old school but it’s a little more personal than a social media post or mass fundraising event. Type up a letter about why you feel called to missions and what you will get to do on the trip you plan to go on. The key here is to make it personal, maybe even include a picture of a past mission trip you have been on or a picture of the area you plan to visit. Send this letter out to close family and friends and be sure to follow up with those who contribute.
- Make a “Pick a Number” Board: This one is easy and super popular right now! All you have to do is make a poster or graphic that has different numbers on it. You can choose how many numbers you want to include, many people do 1-50, but the amount is completely up to you! The idea of this fundraiser is to get supporters to “pick a number” for the amount they will donate. If they pick 36, they donate $36. Once someone has chosen a number, you cross it off the board. When all the numbers are crossed off, you will find that you have raised a good portion of your goal.
- Make t-shirts: If you don’t feel comfortable asking people to just hand you money, you could always offer something in return! There are tons of websites that allow you to create and design t-shirts for very cheap. Design a t-shirt with a quote, Bible verse, or world map to display your passion for missions, advertise it on your social media and start taking orders. The key here is to wait until you accumulate a good number of orders because the more t-shirts you buy, the less expensive they will be to make.
- Prints or Postcards: If you can draw, use that gift! It’s super easy to take a work of art and make it into a print for postcards or generic greeting cards, and who doesn’t love custom stationary? Maybe you could even draw or paint a picture of the place you will be visiting to make it more personal. It doesn’t cost much to print these things and for a good cause, people don’t mind paying a little more for them.
- Restaurant Fundraiser: You would be surprised how many restaurants are willing to partner up for a fundraising event. Pick a restaurant and decide on a date for your fundraiser. Typically, you will receive 15-20% of sales from the night that you choose along with any other donations people contribute. With the restaurant’s permission, it would also be a great idea to set up a table for information about your mission trip so people know more about what their money is going towards.
What trip guests say
What impacted me the most on this Vapor Trip is the reminder and revealing of what truly matters in this life: relationships. Whether it be our relationship with God or relationships with others; how we love and treat those around us is what this short time on earth is all about.
I feel tired & refreshed. It was emotionally overwhelming to see the Vapor Ministries Centers in motion. Everything has its purpose, its place and its season. The gentleness and care of the staff is always a reflection of the values Vapor holds around the value of ALL human beings
What impacted me the most on this trip was the intentional, genuine relationships that I witnessed firsthand. It was very inspirational. I loved how the Vapor Ministries staff and the people of Kenya welcomed us so freely into their hearts!